May 31, 2010

Ongoing Prayer

Ever since the cancer began to spread in December 2008 we have not lost our faith or our strength or hope; however, we have begun to prepare ourselves for when the battle is over. We don’t know what God has in mind, but we trust him. Just before Jesus was arrested that night before his crucifixion He prayed to His father, asking that, if it is possible, to not let happen what was about to happen but that he would willing yield to God’s will. This is a perfect example of a perfect man’s humanity.

Matthew 26:39 -- ‘My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet not what I want but what you want (Your will be done).’

Everyday, several times a day, I pray these exact words and I ask God, if it is his will, to give me more time. Time to raise Chris, time to help others who need help, time to grow old with my beautiful wife. Time to hold Chris’s children in my lap. Time to complete God’s work in this world. Does He hear my prayer? Yes, he does. Has he given me more time? So far he has. God is good. Will He continue to give me more time? I don’t know. Every day I am alive is God’s gift to me. I am thankful for the time He has given me. Yet, I trust God and gladly accept that his will will be done.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment