June 1, 2010

Medical Update: June 1, 2010

It was six weeks ago today that I had my brain surgery to remove the tumor. Yesterday I had a head CAT scan to determine if any tumors had once again begun forming. At the follow-up visit with my Brain Surgeon today (I wonder why he chose brain surgery rather than rocket science) he told me that the scan is clear, that I have recovered well, and that (are you ready for this) I CAN DRIVE AGAIN! Then later in the day I had my LAST DOSE of whole brain radiation therapy! What a wonderful day this has been.

Driving for the first time in over six weeks was a real hoot. I drove to the bank, to the pharmacy, and then back home. I was so cautious I felt like a student driver behind the wheel for the first time. I know I must have frustrated those driving behind me because I was going so slow and taking my time. Hopefully, before long, driving will once again become a “normal” activity.

I continue to pray to God for more time. God continues to answer my prayer with a “yes”. God is Great. God is Good.

Since my surgery and during my recovery my wife has truly been a blessing to me. She patiently took care of my every need, gladly drove me wherever I wanted or needed to go and accompanied me to doctor appointments and treatments. All of this wonderful care packaged in a supportive, patient, and loving attitude. Thank you Patty. God bless you. What would I ever do without you?  Chris certainly did his part.  Whenever he was needed to run an errand, take me somewhere, or do something that Dad would normally do he stepped in and did it.  Thank you Chris and God bless you.  God has certainly blessed me with the family I have.  Thank you Lord.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment