September 30, 2010

Medical Update

I trust that God knows what He is doing. I went to the Oncologist today to receive the second infusion of my second round of chemotherapy. Unfortunately my blood work (specifically my platelet count) is down so we have to delay the treatment at least a week. I am so anxious to continue with the chemo and I find these delays very frustrating. We do trust in God and will follow Him wherever he leads.

I have begun to loose strength in my legs to a point where it is difficult for me to lift myself out of a chair or use a set of stairs. My Oncologist is convinced that the problem is really the side effect of the large amounts of steroids I take. So, we are cutting back on the steroids (Yippee! I’ve been wanting to do that for a long time) and I will likely begin physical therapy in an attempt to build my leg strength.

Luke 12:22-24 -- He said to his disciples, ‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment