November 21, 2010

Medical Update

I was hoping to receive chemotherapy this past Thursday but my blood platelets count was way to low to risk the therapy. We will try once again the week after next. I did receive a bag of fluids in hopes of it perking me up a bit but to no avail. It is four days later and I have not received a “boost” from the fluids. My plans are to receive two bags of fluids on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, in hopes of them perking me up enough to really enjoy the holiday weekend with my family.

It is becoming apparent that, after years of chemotherapy, my body is getting saturated with the cell killing drugs and that it may become too dangerous to receive much more of the chemo drugs. The drugs have begun affecting my bone marrow and, as a result, the bone marrow is not producing platelets as it should. I am only guessing at this point but I believe my Oncologist is about ready to tell me, “No more chemo for you buck-o. It will do more harm than good.” Well, if that happens I am unsure what our next line of defense is. We will push forward with God’s guidance.

I have been very unsteady on my feet and I continue to experience the dreaded chemo induced stupor, which feels like when you’re drunk, but you don’t have the buzz. I continue to use my cane or my walker and both work out pretty well. It is tough to get around but the good news is that I get around.

Matthew 26:39 -- ‘My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet not what I want but what you want.’

I continue to raise this prayer to God everyday. I also thank God for the day he has given me and ask Him for another. So far he has not failed me.

God is great. God is good.



.

1 comment:

  1. Well,Bucko (a term of endearment, in this case),
    Looks like your next goal is to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner next week, and Chris and Pat being home for the long weekend. All systems "go"?
    Love you,
    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete