October 15, 2010

Medical Update: Still Out of the Fight

I was hopeful of receiving Chemotherapy today but my blood work is still out of whack so once again we must postpone treatment until at least next week.

I am beginning to feel helpless.

This is the first period of time over the last four and a half years (since I was first diagnosed) that we are not totally engaged in fighting this disease but rather allowing it to thrive in my body unchallenged. I understand the danger of chemo with my blood levels what they are; yet I feel that there must be something we can do. My oncologist insists that the best thing to do at this point is wait for blood levels to return to acceptable levels and then proceed with the chemo. I trust him.

Psalm 91 -- For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence; he will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

1 Peter 5:7 -- Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.

I am so very anxious to continue the battle. Dear Lord, I ask that through Your mercy my blood levels return and stay at acceptable levels so that I can continue with my therapy.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment