August 19, 2010

Quick Medical Update – A Temporary Cease Fire

I posted last week that we had once again begun taking chemotherapy in hopes that we can stop the new growth of my tumors. The therapy consists of one infusion a week for two consecutive weeks, a week off, then start the three-week cycle again for seven cycles (21 weeks). Chemotherapy has a nasty habit of messing with your blood counts (hemoglobin, white cell count, platelets, etc.) and the more chemo you get the more likely the blood counts will get out of line.

I went to the Oncologist today to get my second week’s infusion but, unfortunately, after only one infusion last week, my blood counts are not good. As a result, my Oncologist decided to delay my second infusion until next week, hoping that things come back in line by then. So, we have declared a “Temporary Cease Fire” against those nasty tumors. Hopefully we will get those tumors screaming for mercy once again next week.

Matthew 26:39 -- ‘My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet not what I want but what you want (Your will be done).’


.

No comments:

Post a Comment