August 2, 2010

Very Tired

It’s been a while since I’ve posted so I thought that I would sit and just sort of ramble a bit about what’s going on. I have been so tired lately. It seems as though I just can’t get enough sleep. I have no energy or stamina (which is probably why I have not posted on my blog recently). I spend my days reclining on the couch or in my chair either dozing, half watching TV, or reading. It is an effort to simply get out of my chair and walk across the room. This has been going on all summer and I have attributed it to the fact that I had the brain surgery followed by the whole brain radiation and that I am simply still recovering from that. I would have hoped that, by now, this would have passed but it has not.

I have asked God what this is all about. Am I slipping into depression? Have I forgotten how to endure? Am I faltering at letting my light shine? God has not responded to my questions.

Psalm 142 -- I cry to you, O Lord; I say, ‘You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.’ Give heed to my cry, for I am brought very low.

One of my favorite bible verses is from Joshua. I find it comforting now.

Joshua 1:9 -- 'I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.’

This coming week I have a body CAT scan and MRI scheduled and will be seeing my medical oncologist the following week for a checkup. Hopefully the testing and checkup will give us some answers as to why I am so weak.

I will continue to endure and let my light shine.

Hebrews 10:36 -- For you need endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.

Matthew 5:14-16 -- let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.


.

2 comments:

  1. You have been enduring And shining...its hard work and yes you have been thru a lot this summer. Plus the wild cuzzins party at Ann's. Well, we are more tame pussie cats now but we like to pretend. Take some time off from enduring and shining...just "let it be" for a bit - then get back in the saddle. Love Jack and Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul-
    Not only are you 'Enduring and Shining,' but you are teaching all of us to do the same. Let us 'endure and shine' for you right now. It's all about accepting God's will and if you never write another word.....you have given us this example clearly. Everyone from Patty and Chris in SC to your mom, Ann, Joe, Sarah, Matt and all your extended family of aunts/uncles/cousins want to do that for you.

    Love, your cousin, Linda

    ReplyDelete